The International Journal on Open and Distance e-Learning (IJODeL) welcomes original research articles, book reviews, theories, and best practices pertaining to ODeL worldwide. Articles should be 3,000-7,000 words including tables, figures, and references.
A publishable quantitatively-oriented paper should contain the following:
3. Conceptual/Theoretical Framework
5. Results and Discussions
6. Conclusions and Recommendations
A publishable qualitatively-oriented paper should contain the following:
2. Objectives of the Study
3. Relevant Studies or Review of Related Studies
To submit an article, go to Submit an Article and follow the steps in the online submission system.
Style Guide for Full Paper Submission
The paper should be 15-25 pages long (including tables, figures, and references) and prepared preferably in Microsoft Word format. The author(s) should provide a title, the name(s) of the author(s), position(s), institutional affiliation(s), country, email address(es) and key words (no more than five). You may make use of the template for preparing your paper: Journal Article Template (Qualitatively-Oriented); Journal Article Template (Quantitatively-Oriented). Detailed guidelines are as follows:
1. Font type
The whole text should be in Arial.
The paper should be A4 size (21 x 29.7 cm). All margins (top, bottom, left, and right) should be 1 inch each.
3. Line Spacing
The whole text should be single-spaced.
The title of the paper should be 14-point, bold, in capital and lower case letters, and centered.
5. Author Information
- The author name(s) should be 12-point, bold and centered . The Western naming convention, with given names preceding surnames, should be used.
- The author name(s) should appear below the title, with one blank line after the title.
Use 10-point for author(s)’ position(s), institutional affiliation(s), country, and email address(es).
- The author(s)’ position(s), institutional affiliation(s), country, and email address(es) should appear below the author name(s), with one blank line after the name(s).
- Heading font (with the exception of the paper title and the abstract) should be 14-point Arial and in bold.
- Headings should be centered and in capital and lower case letters [i.e. nouns, verbs, and all other words (except articles, prepositions, and conjunctions) should be set with an initial capital].
- There should be two blank lines before each heading and one blank line after it.
- Subheading(s) should be 14-point Arial, in bold capital and lower case letters, and flushed left.
- There should be one blank line before and after each subtheme.
- The abstract heading should be 12-point Arial, bold, centered.
- The abstract should be in 150-250 words.
- The main text of the abstract should be 12-point Arial, italicized.
- Alignment of the main text of the abstract should be justified, no indent.
9. Key Words
- Include at most five keywords.
- Use 12-point Arial. The keywords should appear below the abstract, with one blank line after the abstract.
10. Main Text
- In general, paragraphs should be separated by a single space.
- All paragraphs must be in block format.
- Text font should be 14-point Arial, single-spacing. Italic type may be used to emphasize words in running text. Bold type and underlining should be avoided.
- The first line of each paragraph should not be indented.
11. Tables and Figures
- Tables and figures should be numbered and have captions which appear above them.
- Graphics and pictures should not exceed the given page margins.
- Captions should be 14-point centered.
- The tables and figures of the paper should follow the APA citation style.
- There should be no space between the caption and the table/figure.
- Footnotes may be used only sparingly. A superscript numeral to refer to a footnote should be used in the text either directly after the word to be discussed or – in relation to a phrase or a sentence – following the punctuation mark (comma, semicolon, or period). Footnotes should appear at the bottom of the page within the normal text area, with a line about 5 cm long immediately above them.
- Footnotes should be 10-point and aligned left.
- The author-date method in-text citation should be used. Following the APA format, the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text.
- All references that are cited in the text must be given in the reference list. The references must be in APA format and arranged alphabetically at the end of the paper.
Surname, A. A. (year). Article title. Title of Journal, volume number(issue number), inclusive page numbers.
Surname, A. A. (year). Title of book. Publisher location: Publisher Name.
Surname, A. A., Surname, B. B., & Surname, C. C. (2000). Title of article. Title of periodical, volume number(issue number). Retrieved
from URL/web address.
Surname, A.A. (Year, Month). Title of paper. Paper presented at name of conference, city, country.
The paper should be 3,000-7,000 words including tables, figures, and references.